Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Helaman 14

I'm so thankful that I have sister McGruder as my seminary teacher because she has taught me how to read the scriptures. I know how to generally read of course but being able to comprehend and understand the scriptures as you read them is a whole other ball game! And I am so glad I finally have a seminary teacher that has helped me develop that skill! We are finishing up Helaman this week and I love being able to understand the stories while we read. Yesterday we read Helaman 14 which is the story of Samuel prophesying Jesus Christ's coming to the earth. He prophesied that in five years The son of God will come to earth and listed all of the signs: The night before Jesus comes, there shall be light in heaven and no darkness for two days and a night and a new star shall be in the sky. Then later in the chapter Samuel prophesied that Jesus will have to die in order for the atonement to be in effect. The signs given for that are: no light for some time after Jesus dies, cities will be de, and graves shall be opened as well as other terrible things. The biggest emphasis in the scriptures was repentance and being prepared for Christ's coming which I believe still applies to us today. We don't know when Christ will come again but we always need to be prepared for the day that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment