Sunday, March 30, 2014

Women's Conference

Last night I went to a meeting held for all women 8 and up and it was an amazing broadcast. I'm going to briefly discuss a point that really stood out to me last night! The quote is from the Young Women's President who spoke, she said "you can't truly call yourself a Christian while constantly judging yourself and others around." This really stood out to me because I have been on all ends of that, me judging myself, judging others, and being judged. I feel very strongly about this subject because I know how it feels to frequently be misjudged by people and misjudge others and I know how much it hurts to hear what people say. Knowing some of the things people have prejudicely thought towards me has helped inspire me to not be prejudice towards others. I have a bad habit of seeing someone and assuming that they are a troubled person just because maybe they have a tattoo or are kind of loud and out spoken but I've been able to control those thoughts a lot more easily lately and I know that I couldn't have had the ability to control my thoughts with out the help of Jesus Christ. We need to learn to love others the way Jesus does. Jesus doesn't say "I love Chloe, but sometimes she's a brat.", Jesus says "Chloe can be a brat but I still love her despite her negative qualities and I look past them". If you struggle with being prejudice, just think to yourself "what if they thought that of me? How would that make me feel? Would they be wrong? Would they be right?" Thinking those things has helped me be less judgmental towards others. Another thing that has helped me be better with controlling my thoughts is knowing what people think of me and knowing that what they think is wrong, so if I think something negatively of someone then I am probably going to be wrong as well. You can't call yourself a Christian if you don't love others the way Jesus loves others.

No comments:

Post a Comment