Today in seminary we were asked to quietly read Alma 33 to ourselves, which I very much appreciated because I enjoy being able to ponder the scriptures on my own. It easier to clear my head and concentrate on something first thing in the morning, it helps me realize how important the scriptures are to ME. In the chapter I read that Alma was teaching the Zoromites and reminding them that three prophets of old (Zenos, Zenock, and Moses) taught their people and the consequences their people had. After we read the chapter Sister McGruder shared her feelings and thoughts over the scripture. She told us that Alma teaching the Zoromites is a lot like present day profits teaching and warning us. The thought intrigued me because it really related the scriptures to our modern day life which makes them a bit easier to comprehend. The scriptures seem a bit extravagant as a whole but when you really break them down, they're very relatable to modern times. I love when I can feel the spirit and read the scriptures the way I would read a John Green novel!
I felt it appropriate to add in a picture of all of our wonderful profits from our church's history. I'm so glad to have had their teachings bless my life and so many other lives.
XOXO,
Chloe

I loved your comments about how the scriptures can seem so " big" and almost overwhelming, but when you read a few pages and think about what's going on, there are so many interesting things you learn. Cool blog! Love you, dear Chloe...Jenny
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you already love to read puts you at an advantage because you know how powerful reading can be. That you are trying to get that same feeling from the "word of God" is amazing. In 1 Ne 19:23 Nephi tells us one key is to liken the scriptures to ourselves and that is what you are doing. You're doing great--keep it up and thanks for sharing the feelings many of us have.
ReplyDeleteI love that you enjoy the scriptures as much as a John Green novel!
ReplyDelete