Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chastity

So I am very fortunate to have a best friend who is also LDS. My friend Sophia is the only person on the planet that i have been able to relate all of my thoughts to. She gets me on such a strong level because not only do we relate on worldly topic but we relate on gospel topics. She's been such amazing help for me and building my testimony. I've never had a friend that I feel comfortable bearing my testimony to on a daily basis. Every night after we read our scripture we will text each other our favorite verses or spiritual thoughts we had. She's been reading a book written by Profit Gordon B Hinckley and she sent me this picture of a page in the book.
I don't have problems with chastity but I love how beautifully this is put. I'm not gonna lie, I hate church lessons on chastity because they end up being fairly awkward for the teen audience. This page puts it so perfectly, it made me realize chastity and cleanliness of the body is not only important but beautiful and rare and nothing to be ashamed of. As a teenager it is kind of hard to being one of the few kids at school who isn't interested in taking part in "un-chaste" activities. People kind of treat you differently and some even make fun of you for it, it's really a shame that there are boys out there that have the nerve to hate on a girl that interested in having a conversation with a boy instead of having sex with one. I think chastity and virtue are hard things to follow for some of the LDS youth, but if you have faith in Christ and the knowledge of how beautiful a pure person can be, then it won't be nearly as hard as it seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment