Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bloggy-blog-blog

At the begining of seminary today, sis McGruder put up three statemtents on the wall:
  • Pray before church to understand what im going to be taught.
  • Ponder what you've been taught in church
  • Pray about what you've been taught so that it's easier for you to apply it to your own life.
She then asked us to write down one thing that we do that makes the most impact on what we learn at church and afterwords, write down what we don't do as often or don't get as much  out of and how we can change that. I decided that the thing i get the most out of would be pondering what I am taught at church because of my blog. My blog has caused me to really reflect on my day to think about the things I was taught at seminary and how that effected my day. I am really thankful that I started my blog because I love having to make myself think about the things that were meaningful to me. I know i enjoy myself at seminary but it's a different thing when you have to express those emotions to other people and this blog has made it much easier for me. I am able to make my thoughts and feelings more clear in my own head and hopefully clear enough to explain to others! Pondering the things I am taught at church has really helped strengthen my spirit.

I then thought about what i could do more and i realized that when I'm saying my prayers, i generally dont include seminary in my prayers. I am going to really try to remember to pray about seminary and the things I am taught and how i receive them! I have feeling that it could really influence my experience at seminary and make it even better than it already it.

I hope that i cause you to think of these things as well, it's really important to me to inspire people through my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment