Monday, April 14, 2014

D&C 110

Today I had a neat experience in seminary, a blessing if you will! My family and me are going on a trip this summer and we've been discussing various family home evenings we could have that teach us about the locations we are going. One of the locations is the Kirtland temple and my mom wanted me to give family home evening on it tonight. So I go to seminary today and my teacher tells us to go to D&C 110 to read a few verses, coincidently that verse is about an amazing vision that Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery had IN the Kirtland temple!! So I share this scripture with my family and it was a very spiritual discussion. The scripture is absolutely beautiful, miraculous and testimony strengthening and I highly recommend reading it. However, I'm not blogging about the scripture, I am blogging about the fact that u went to seminary this morning with no intentions of reading anything on the Kirtland temple e cause we are in 3 Nephi. It was such a cool little blessing that I found the perfect thing I needed to hear before going to the Kirtland temple. Had I not read that scripture, I wouldn't know the amazing experiences that have taken place in that temple. Going to seminary or other church meetings really can be a blessing in our lives and experiences like the one I had today really strengthen my testimony in the little things we do for church everyday. I love the gospel and I have total faith in every meeting we have been asked to attend and I enjoy attending them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment