Last weekend I went on a trek and boy oh boy it was amazing!!! So much spirit and love was felt in those two days I think I'll be good for the next six months! I'm just gonna briefly describe my trek in this first post and really go into details on it later. It was so interesting to feel how it felt to be a pioneer, to grow close to 9 people if never met before, and to form really strong bonds between my friends. I loved every aspect of trek, that does include sleeping on rocks under the stars and waking up to a big black spider the size of a nickle about 10 inches away from my face. I can honestly say that I love my ma and pa, the Hursts, they were hilarious and amazing and I honestly feel like it was a blessing a got them. They made the experience so awesome for everyone including a 3 week old convert we had in our family! He didn't know much about our church history but he definitely was touched but all the hardships and struggles we learned about at each stop of our trek. It was only 2 days long but there is about a weeks worth of things to talk about. Every experience I had nearly brought me to tears and some managed to make me cry like a baby, it was wonderful and everyday since I got home I wished I could return to trek. I'm so thankful for the leaders who put it on and how strong many testimonies got because of those two days.Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Trek part 1
Last weekend I went on a trek and boy oh boy it was amazing!!! So much spirit and love was felt in those two days I think I'll be good for the next six months! I'm just gonna briefly describe my trek in this first post and really go into details on it later. It was so interesting to feel how it felt to be a pioneer, to grow close to 9 people if never met before, and to form really strong bonds between my friends. I loved every aspect of trek, that does include sleeping on rocks under the stars and waking up to a big black spider the size of a nickle about 10 inches away from my face. I can honestly say that I love my ma and pa, the Hursts, they were hilarious and amazing and I honestly feel like it was a blessing a got them. They made the experience so awesome for everyone including a 3 week old convert we had in our family! He didn't know much about our church history but he definitely was touched but all the hardships and struggles we learned about at each stop of our trek. It was only 2 days long but there is about a weeks worth of things to talk about. Every experience I had nearly brought me to tears and some managed to make me cry like a baby, it was wonderful and everyday since I got home I wished I could return to trek. I'm so thankful for the leaders who put it on and how strong many testimonies got because of those two days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment