Thursday, April 10, 2014

Strengthen your tent!

3Nephi 22:2: Enlarge the platform of thy tent, and let them strengthen forth the curtains of thy habitations; spare not, lengthen thy cords and strengthen thy stakes;

Today we had a short lesson on explaining the importance of strengthening our tent, the tent being The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You don't realize it but there are little things everyone can do to help strengthen your stake! Sister McGruder told us to think of some thing we can do by ourselves to strengthen our stake. Because I am a youth and I have many stake activities, i have a lot of opportunities to be more friendly and make myself seem more approachable to meet new people. And usually at youth conference and girl camp we have a testimony meeting at the end and I've only bated my testimony once at girls camp. I think if I start baring my testimony more regularly it could really help me and inspire some of the other girls in my ward to go up too! As for expanding my tent, I hope to go on a mission at some point in my life. Being able to share the gospel is such a different an amazing feeling, I would love to be able I go off with no other distractions and just expand the Lords tent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment